Accelerating academic startups
What is Monttu Ventures?
Monttu Ventures is a Development company focusing in early stage startups which have a founder with a background in University of Turku, Åbo Akademi or Turku University of Applied Sciences. With 78 co-founders and over 730 000€ capital, we help promising companies, share with them the knowledge of our shareholders and provide them the services of our business partners. We can also invest in the most potential companies.
How can Monttu Ventures help you?
We prefer to be the first outsider investor in the company. Maximum financial investment per company is 25 000 €. We also focus on giving our target companies resources from our own shareholders, for example, knowledge from specific market areas and contacts. We recommend the target company to combine our financial investment with Business Finland’s Tempo-funding to achieve multiplier effects. We focus on startups where our impact is the most beneficial.
- One founding team member is from one of the universities of Turku area.
- Credible and scalable business model
- Committed team (at least one full-time member) with wide skillset and who are eager to learn
- IP Strategy
- The business model has a significant growth potential
- We prefer startups with an early-stage exit possibility
- A realistic valuation of the company based on progress